E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

KSC

We spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center. I had always thought that Canaveral was renamed as KSC, but I was wrong. Canaveral launches unmanned payloads, while KSC launches manned missions. Late this summer will be the final shuttle mission, and nothing after that. They've started on something better, but funding was left off the budget this year. Looks like US manned space flight is over for the foreseeable future.

If interested in space flight, or even other technologies, KSC in an interesting place to visit. Unfortunately the Boss was bored most of the time. Being an engineer I enjoyed myself.

1 comment:

GunGeek said...

When I went there one thing that stuck in my mind was that if you were on top of the building that houses the shuttles, you would be further above sea level than the highest piece of land in the entire state of Florida.

And people say Kansas is flat.