E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, February 13, 2010

First Stop Going South

We're spending the night in Chattanooga, Tn. Ran through some light snow flurries in Kentucky and northern Tn. that had no effect on road conditions. The rocks that were carved out for I75, through what passes for mountains in this part of the country, have impressive looking ice formations. I thought we might hit snowy roads so we're driving the 4x4 PU instead of the Boss's Taurus. The Taurus averages 28mpg on trips like this and the truck gets 20-22. So we'll spend a little more on fuel, but feel more secure.

Tomorrow we're going to Lookout Mountain and visit Rock City and Ruby Falls. It's rather chilly (just below freezing) so we'll need to dress warm, especially for Rock City. It's at the top of Lookout Mountain, and if my old memory is correct, it'll be a bit breezy to go with the sub-freezing temperatures.

Our room has a Jacuzzi large enough for 2. The Boss brought some wine, so I anticipate a nice evening.

The Boss decided to leave her new handgun at home. That was a good decision because it's never been fired. Even if she wanted to bring it, I would've suggested the Walther PPK 32 instead. She's, as usual, relying on me for her personal protection. I'm, as usual, carrying my Kimber 45 and I packed the little Keltec 380.

No comments: