E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Carry

Before leaving on vacation, the Boss started looking for a concealed carry bag for her Firestorm. She feels that's the best carry method for her. Within 15 minutes of our home we are blessed to have 3 nice gun shops and 1 very nice indoor range. Being a bit picky about such things, she hasn't found the right purse for her weapon of choice. She's one of those women that will always wear clothing not conducive to carry on her person.

So far here in this area of central Florida we've visited 4 gun shops, and they have no concealed carry purses of any kind. The shops in this area are small and with very little inventory by comparison.

-----------

So a bunch of us are sitting around an open fire the other night when my great-nephew asked if I carried a gun. I replied that yes I carry most of the time, when not on the job at work. He asked if I had a gun on me right then. I replied in the affirmative. He then asked to see it, so I un-holstered my 45, unloaded it and then handed it to him. My niece, his mother, freaked-out not because I handed her 18 year old son an unloaded weapon, but because she could actually see the weapon. I've seen this response before and recognize the phenomena, but I may never understand it.

No comments: