E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Anti-Gun . . . Mostly

As I mentioned below, my niece was freaked when she saw that I was carrying a gun. She even asked if I was continually afraid that my life is in danger, and wouldn't listen to my reasons for carrying. A couple days later I saw 2 silhouette targets in her house with holes. Apparently she was target practicing with her father's 38 special revolver.

She doesn't like guns, and fails to see a reason to carry, but at least she recognizes they are practical tools for defense. Her marksmanship wasn't half bad, especially for someone that dislikes guns.

My other Florida niece has been introduced to shotguns and clay birds. According to all reports she's a natural and her hubby is thinking of buying her one all her own. It'll double as a sporting and home defense weapon. Her hubby also asked for my opinion regards getting a .357 for packing in the outdoors. I agreed it is a good choice with heavy bullets for the smallish black bears and such here in the south, and that it can also do duty for defense against 2 legged creatures with 125 grain hollow points. I believe that household will become gun owners in the near future.

No comments: