E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

No More Sleeping Late

Monday I'm to go sign some papers, piss in a cup and wait for the results of my background check. When the drug screen and background come back clean I'll once again be employed. And since I don't do drugs and I have 2 concealed carry licenses, Ohio and Florida, both will be clean as a whistle. I'm to start either Wednesday or Thursday.

So much for having a few months for the honey-do list, shooting and other relaxations. The new job appears to be interesting, but I was tempted to decline just for some time off. Oh well, in these times it's best to accept a job when you can. Besides it's basically the same pay a I was getting, when I was expecting to have to settle for less at a new place.

I'm starting out as a contractor, which means no benefits. I was told by a guy who doesn't make the final decisions that a direct hire is really needed due to the learning curve. I suspect my contract position will turn into being hired in a few months. To be on the safe side I'll keep looking for a direct hire spot.

And I was starting to appreciate sleeping late in the morning.

No comments: