E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Still Here

Yep, posting has been minimal as of late. The holiday festivities and the honey-do-list has kept me extremely busy.

The good news is that I had the second interview today with a company that grows silicon crystals for the semiconductor industry. I was there 3-1/2 hours. Instead of working with products, this position works with the highly complicated equipment used to grow the crystals. My broad background in mechanical engineering is a plus in this case. I'm expecting an offer in the next couple of days.

A professional recruiter found me. It was never posted. I had no idea this place existed . . . and in Ohio no less.

The bad news is that it'll be a 35-40 minute drive instead of the 10 minutes to which I've become accustomed. Assuming the offer comes, and is sufficient, then my days of sleeping late are gone, and my Florida trip planned for late February is in jeopardy.

PS: There was a distinct absence of a no-guns sign on the door. That's refreshing, but I'll bet there is an employee policy against having a weapon of any kind. That would be typical for this neck of the woods. If I work there I'll be a contractor, at least initially, and not an employee. My shoulder bag will be a little heavier than usual, don't you know.

No comments: