E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, December 7, 2009

Guns & Church

Yesterday I attended church with the boss. I'm not a church going type, so this was an unusual occasion. A carry-in lunch following the service may have had something to do with it. When we left I didn't see any scorch marks and the ceiling seemed to be intact. :-)

There was a guest pastor speaking, and then during the meal I ended up sitting at the table with him, the Boss's pastor and my brother-in-law. The Guest asked if there are many hunters in the church. The Pastor pointed to the brother-in-law and me, then mentioned that I have an arsenal. I commented that I happen to be one of those "potential domestic terrorists". The Guest replied that I'm just a citizen that believes in the constitution.

The Pastor mentioned that he has refrained from putting a "no guns" sign on the door. In fact, he's been considering posting a "guns welcome" sign there. I didn't mention that I had a .45 auto under my shirt at the time, and I suspect the brother-in-law was also armed.

------------------
Tomorrow evening, if the grandson goes home early enough, the Boss and I will be visiting a local shop and indoor range. We're going to test her surgically repaired hand by shooting a 22 revolver. If that goes well, we'll try my 32 Walther PPK. Sure looks like she's actually serious about getting her carry license. Her Christmas list includes a shoulder bag designed to carry a handgun, and she recently looked in the safe to make sure there was enough cash for "her" gun.

No comments: