E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, November 1, 2009

With One Hand

I joined the eldest today for a few hours at the range. He shot groups with various loads through his HiPower, 1911 and Styre .40. I tried his Styre and liked it a lot. Unfortunately it doesn't fit my Small hands well enough to shoot it one handed.

In my opinion any handgun for defensive use must be such that the shooter can use it effectively with one hand. I also think the shooter should have at least some proficiency with either hand. Today I practiced one hand shooting with my Browning Buckmark .22 a lot.

I also shot one handed at 1/2 sized targets at 25 yards with 2 of my carry guns, the Kahr PM9 and 1911. An equal number was fired left handed and right handed. The target on the left was left hand only. The one on the right was right hand only.















In both cases I was pushing the shots slightly right with just one hand. It was more prominent with the PM9 and also with my left hand. Yep, I need more practice.

No comments: