E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, November 14, 2009

That Makes me Hurt

The Boss and I spent most of the day working in the church building where she attends. There are 4 large rooms in the basement where assorted stuff is stored, one of which is supposed to be for building/construction supplies. The oldest adopted grandson helped me for 5 hours transporting stuff from the other 3 rooms, and straightening up that one room. You'd think only teenagers were allowed in there instead of adults. My arthritic joints hurt like hell now.

I was sitting in the armory, after getting back home, watching the Ohio State vs Iowa game on the tube when the grandson's latest "father" arrived. He wanted to know about getting a license to hunt deer. After going through all that, I offered to let him use either my smooth bore slug gun or muzzle loader if he was serious. I won't him let borrow one of my revolvers for that purpose because I've seen him shoot.

Since he hasn't had a license before, he'll have to sit through a hunter safety course. There's one offered locally a week from today. If he gets his license I'll probably go also. I was invited, and I haven't been hunting in a couple of years. I could use some time spend in the woods. Time spent in the outdoors is a good thing, whether I see a shootable animal or not. I probably wouldn't even take a shot, that's when the work begins.

No comments: