E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Crappy Old PC

I'm writing this post from the Boss's laptop because the old PC is not functional at this time. It had been acting strange for a while, so I decided to follow the advice from the IT guy at work. I saved all the data files to CDs and reinstalled the original operating system. I've actually reinstalled Windows XP about 4 times this weekend with the same less than satisfactory results.

I'm unable to adjust the screen resolution using control panel, and the router software refuses to install. The PC has been cable connected to a wireless router (wireless for the laptop). The router is then connected to the Internet through a cable modem. As far as I'm concerned, that old PC is useless unless I can get it to run connected to the 'net.

1 comment:

PuGz said...

Drivers sir. Sounds like you need to install a video card driver and a network card driver. These can usually be found at the manufactures website. You will have to save them on to a flash drive or a cd on another computer then install them on the computer in question.