E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pocket Holsters

I opened the care package a reader sent me, and sure enough it contained several holsters designed for my Kahr PM9. Since I now have several holsters I thought I'd give you my impressions of each.

The first one is the High Noon Pocket Grabber.















It's a single layer of soft leather with a rubber type of material covering part of it. That rubbery stuff gives it some friction to the inside of the pocket. It appears well made, with good quality material and fits the gun well. I can't tell you how well it stays in place while drawing the gun from the pocket because the combination of gun & holster barely fits in my jeans pocket. This is a no-go for me because if I'm wearing dressier pants, I'll be carrying the little Keltec.
Next is the De Santis Nemesis pocket holster.


This one is synthetic material, I suspect nylon, with a rubberized outside to keep it in place. It also appears well made with quality materials. It's also a no-go because of gun-holster size.

Next is the Kahr No Print Pocket Holster.


This one is a brute of a pocket holster. It's double layered leather all the way around, and has a double thickness panel that's fastened with Velcro to eliminate printing. Extreme high quality, but not usable by me. It's so thick and bulky that any casual glance downward would see the grip of the gun. It also makes my leg look like it has a huge growth on it. I was a little surprised to find that the trigger isn't entirely covered since it was sold by Kahr.


The pocket holsters above all seem to be good quality and well made, but carrying the PM9 in my pocket is not a good choice for me. I know most call it a pocket pistol, but it's too big and heavy for my comfort that way. Any of the above should work just fine for a larger person with larger pockets.


These are the holsters I've been using for carry of late.


At lower left is the little Keltec P3AT, .380 in a pocket holster. That combination is so thin and lite that I almost forget that it's there. The simple, single layer, rough side out holster keeps the gun vertical and stays in the pocket when drawing the gun. For pocket carry, I'll stay with that combination.


I'll show you the other holsters later.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I'm a big fellow and I never carried the PM9 in my pocket. I used the pocket holsters as truck console holsters. My Toyota has a compartment in the armrest that is perfect for small handguns.

trajectory said...

Good idea !!
I never thought of that.