E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, July 31, 2009

Plated Bullets - Again^3

I've been using my eldest's Hornady sizer die that squeezes the .45 brass 0.004-0.005 smaller than the newer Hornady die I have. So far it seems to work.

The new die from Hornady, sent free of charge, is the same as the one I own. I sent an e-mail back explaining my continued problem, and that apparently their older product works just fine. Can I get one of those? I also asked if they wanted the new one back, since it doesn't do me any good.

A reader commented, and recommended I use a Lee factory crimp die. I'm hoping that I won't have to resort to spending money on a new die and an extra operation to save money on bullets.

-------

I thought about going to a pistol shoot this weekend, but I think I'll pass this one. I need to do more testing on the plated bullet issue to ensure reliability. I really don't want to expend a bunch of relatively expensive hollow points.

Besides, I still need to test and adjust the new site on the HiPower, and I haven't fired a long gun in months.

No comments: