E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Carry in Church? - You Betcha

I'm not much for going to church. Actually I dislike it greatly, but this Sunday I'll be going because the Boss can't drive, as yet, after her surgery. She's missed being there, so I'll be driving her and sitting among the group. Hopefully the roof won't fall in.

This guy says. I attend church several times a week. Ohio law forces me to disarm each and every time I do. If a law is unjust and violates out civil rights don't we as citizens have a duty to disobey? I for one will be carrying in church this Sunday. Here in Ohio the law prohibits CHL-holders from attending worship services (or even entering the building) while armed, unless they have received special permission from church/synagogue/mosque officials. And obtaining this permission is exceedingly hard to obtain once the officials consult their uninformed, liability-conscious attorneys and insurance agents, who seem to labor under the false impression that an accident by an armed citizen is more likely than a violent attack by a crazed madman.

My risk of having a legal problem is rather small because (1) I've gone shooting with the pastor and feel certain he doesn't have an issue with me carrying, (2) I haven't asked to draw attention to myself and (3) I carry concealed so it's doubtful that anyone will notice.

My brother-in-law is back from his 6 weeks in Florida. He attends this same church. I wonder if he'll be carrying.

No comments: