E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Toy, But Not Mine - - -

My eldest showed up tonight to pick-up his son (pushing 2 years old now) carrying a new toy. I looked it over, handled it and even tried some dry firing. I like it. I like it a lot. When gripped correctly I can even get my short trigger finger on the front of the trigger, but just barely. And it holds 12 40S&W in the magazine. I like it a lot more than Glocks or Springfield XDs. The only thing I didn't like was the feel of the trigger, but I bet a little use will smooth that out a bit. Then again my opinion of striker fired pistol triggers will always be biased by my long experience with single action guns.

Would you believe he only paid $350 for a brand new pistol with 2 magazines? It's a fine thing being friends with a guy having a FFL.

At first I thought Steyr quit making pistols because this site didn't have anything but long guns. But then I found their other site, though you still have to search a lot to find them.

If I ran across one of their offerings chambered in, say .357Sig, for anything close to the price above I'd get it in a heart beat.

No comments: