E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, February 16, 2009

House Guns

James put a couple of good posts here and here regarding house guns.

Personally I keep 4 loaded guns in the house. The bedroom has a 1911 45acp loaded and on half cock with a spare magazine. There's also a HiPower 9mm in the same condition. If I'm checking the house because of some unusual noise I take the 45 and leave the 9mm with the Boss. And yes that's happened a few times. Thankfully it was just noise.

In the basement is my usual carry gun, a Kimber UltraCarry 45acp, loaded and on half cock with another spare magazine. There's also a 20 gage pump (smooth slug barrel) with #2 buckshot in its magazine. I spend a good deal of time in the basement, my man cave.

If it wasn't for the frequent visits by grandchildren, I'd have guns scattered around the house in several areas.

I always recommend that people who aren't gun people keep a shotgun for home defense, and to stay locked in a room until help arrives. Unfortunately I'm not the type who can take his own advice. And the Boss just can't handle a shotgun, even a 20 gage. That's why I keep 2 handguns in the bedroom. If I'm sneaking around the house, and I will, I'd rather have a short gun.

No comments: