E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Schools

For some time now I've been hearing radio advertisements saying how poorly our school children rate compared to other countries. If true this certainly can't be the result of subpar funding. I read a book recently that claimed our teachers are paid better than scientists and engineers. That same book claims that our children rate with the best up to early elementary grades, then fall short after that.

I once thought the big reason was our success at industrial employment. The 'If dad didn't need an education to get a good paying job, then why should I' attitude. And parents felt the same way. This attitude may be a contributor, but I doubt it's the whole thing.

It seems to me that the biggest failing is the education system being taken over by liberalistic agenda. Students are allowed to fail, and pass on to the next grade level with their 'self worth' intact. They're being taught that they can succeed without trying, without working, or really accomplishing anything.

No comments: