E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Open Carry Consequences

Legal or not, be aware of the consequences. "I tell people, if you're going to open carry, you might as well carry a retainer check, too," said gun rights attorney Ken Hanson . . . . . "Because you are going to create some excitement, and it is going to create police encounters."

Ohio is one of about 15 states that allow unlicensed open carrying everywhere with a few exceptions, . . . .

I personally wouldn't do it unless out and away from any city. No need to complicate my life any more than it is now. Not only are most citizens ignorant about gun laws, it seems that a high percentage of the police are also. I prefer to believe ignorance than meanness.

One of the nicest things about legal open carry is that I don't have to be as careful about printing when I carry concealed.

Most of us don't want to be walking down the street with someone who has a gun, . . .Toby Hoover of the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence.

Well Toby, I don't like seeing pants so low that boxer shorts stick out the top, nor women's tops with bra straps showing but I see that all the time. I don't like going to work unarmed like a sheep ready for slaughter. One of the requirements of a free society is that everybody has to put up with something they don't like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of us don't want to be walking down the street with someone who has a gun

I hate to break it to him, but he does so every day. The only difference with open carriers is that you know they are carrying.

Talk about an irrational argument. Out of sight, out of mind.

Big Gay Al said...

I CC more than I OC, right now, but it is my hope to actually switch that around.

Michigan is an OC state, where you don't need a permit to do so. However, having a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) pretty much wipes out all the "Pistol Free Zones." In fact, under Michigan law, with a CPL, there are places you can OC, where you CAN'T CC. Weird, isn't it.