E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, September 15, 2008

Electricity & The Stone Age

Yesterday a cold front came through with a little kick from what was left of Ike. We had winds that touched the 70 MPH area for a short time but mostly around 60 MPH. We lost electrical power around 4PM yesterday. As I write this it's about 2:15PM so we've been without power for about 22 hours. Right now I'm at my oldest son's home. He has electricity and running water. We don't.

The power outage is spotty over several counties that I know of. Per the local news there's about 700,000 homes without power. The reports are as much as a week to restore power to all. In the meantime we're without electricity or running water at my place, and the food in the freezer will spoil.

I can't imagine what it's like to be in the full force of a hurricane and what it does to society. As a precaution I've had my carry gun on me since the power outage. Electricity seems to be all that stands between civilization and the stone age.

--------------------------------------------------
Update 9/16:
The news is reporting 2,000,000 without power.

No comments: