E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, July 25, 2008

45 Days

It's been 45 working days since I applied for renewal of my carry license. The state law says it must be approved or rejected within 45 days. So tonight I tell the Boss that I might be getting a phone call from the county sheriff's office any day. They're supposed to call and tell me it's ready for me to go there and pick it up. Her reply - Oh yeah, they called and left a message that your new license is ready a few days ago.

Sometimes I wonder about the workings of the female mind.

1 comment:

GunGeek said...

Don't feel bad. Once I was picked for a super-special highly limited drawing for turkey hunting.

When the Fish and Game folks called to tell me I had won, my wife said "He didn't enter any drawing for a turkey hunt." so they gave it to the next guy on the list.

The odds were so slim (something like 100:1) on my getting selected that I didn't bother telling her. So, even though it was a DFG employee who had all my personal information, to include my personally hand-written application for the hunt in their hands, she told them that I hadn't put in for it. What? She couldn't just say "Okay, thanks. I'll let him know."?

Why the DFG guy took her word for it without actually talking to me instead of just mailing me the permit is beyond me, but that's the way it works.