E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rest in Peace

I've been remiss about saying something about the passing of Charlton Heston. The truth is, I really didn't know what to say.

I don't know that I particularly liked his acting style, that was always somewhat 'bigger than life', in a way, but I did enjoy his movies. I especially liked Omega Man and Soilent Green. I am a SciFi nut after all.

What mostly impressed me about him was as the president of the National Rifle Association. I remember watching him calmly take a bunch of ranting and raving by an anti-gun far left liberal on national TV. He sat there calmly and listened politely to everything that was said, then calmly and politely tore the lefty up with logic and facts. I was quite impressed.

I was so impressed that I obtained a bumper sticker that says " Charlton Heston is my President". I still have it. It never saw the bumper of a car, but was displayed in my office cubicle for years. I wish he would've run for president of the US. He could've been a great one.

Thanks for all you've done and the man you've been.

Rest in peace Mr. Heston.

No comments: