E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gone For a Few Days

Tomorrow shortly after lunch my eldest son and I, as well as one of his friends and 2 kids, will be off heading west. We'll be driving across Indiana to some unknown, at least to me, place to play paintball for the weekend. All I know is that we'll be on the west side of Illinois somewhat near I-70. They're having a pump gun only weekend, so no semi-autos or full auto paint heading my way.

I started playing with a pump against semi-autos in 1994 because that was the only extra gun my ex-marine owned. I played a few games, got hooked and bought a semi-auto. Having entered the sport when I did, I've never played pump-gun vs pump-gun before. I suppose it's like going to war with everybody using bolt action rifles, but without the range.

I presently own 4 paintball guns, Tippman 98, Tippman A5 (electronic trigger that can go full automatic), Action Markers Sentinal, and a Bud Orr Sniper. The last one is the pump action.

As usual I'll be traveling with a gun, a real gun that's for self-protection. The problem is that Illinois is one of the very few states that tries to deny citizens the right of self-defense. I'll decide how to handle that situation tomorrow.

No comments: